The dates for the 2015 Poteau Balloon Fest are Thursday and Friday, October 16 & 17!
Named #3 in the Top 40 Things to do in Oklahoma in 2014 by OKIECENTRIC Magazine.
Call 918-647-9178 to order the gate armbands for $3 in advance at the Poteau Chamber Office! They will be $5 online and at the Gate!
Armbands will be available for purchase online on August 1st.
Please note that all balloon events are wind and weather permitting!!! Any and all balloon flights are most likely to occur between the hours of 7am - 10am and 4pm -7pm. However, they are not guaranteed during these times. The atmospheric pressure plays a huge factor in balloon activities! WE CANNOT GUARANTEE BALLOON ACTIVITES and we CANNOT give specific times on Balloon activities!
Follow us on Twitter @OKBalloonfest
We would like to thank you for your interest in the 2014 Poteau Balloon Fest.
DATE, TIME & VENUE
The dates for the 2015 Poteau Balloon Fest are October 16th & 17th. Friday, the 16th, the gates will open at 12:00pm to the public and will close at 11:00 pm. Saturday morning, the 17th, they will open at 9:00 am and close at 11:00pm.
The Poteau Balloon Fest will be held on the LeFlore County Fair Grounds on Highway 271 South.
View The Poteau Balloon Fest in a larger map
Click here to download the festival and grounds map.
- Advance Armbands are $3 each (Online $5)
- Advance armbands will be sold until October 16th at 3:00pm. Chamber offices will close at 3:00pm on October 16th.
- Advance armbands will be available for purchase for $3 each at the Poteau Chamber of Commerce in person or by calling 918-647-9178.
- At the gates, armband admission prices will be $5 per person (4 and under free.)
- Children 4 and under are free.
- Balloon Fest Gate Admission is good for both Friday & Saturday
Click here to download a schedule of times for the various events.
All of the following shows and attractions are included with gate admission. If available, you may click on the attraction name for more information about that attraction.
Once an event schedule is available, it will be posted.
The following rides and attractions will require additional costs and are NOT included with gate admission: (Please note, we do not set these prices)
- Helicopter Rides - Has been $35 per person at previous festivals
- Mean Machine Monster Truck Rides - $10 per person
- Tethered Balloon Rides - $10 per person - *Weight, Height & Age Restrictions May apply. Also are wind and weather permitting (please note balloon information above). Schedule will be released at a later date
- Carnival Rides - The Carnival will be offering a $15 armband on Thursday Night (no gate admission required), and a $20 armband on Friday night, October 17 from 7pm - 11pm. We do NOT SET the pricing for carnival rides and have no control over what they charge. Tickets are $3 each and each ride takes 1 ticket. You will also be able to purchase 10 tickets for $25. Please note that the yellow balloon fest gate armbands do not include rides!
- Saturday Night PBR Bull Riding Event - Join us for a fantastic end to the 2014 Balloon Fest. This is the "LJ Jenkins Ride for the ATV Tour" bull riding competition. It is the finale of a 5 series event with 30 bull riders competing, the top 10 coming back for a short round. After the bull riding stick around for a concert with Western Justice. This will be a new event at the Balloon Fest in 2014 and will be on Saturday Night Only! Gates will open for this event around 6:30! Please note if you come before 6:30pm, you will also be required to purchase a Balloon Fest armband.
BULLS, BALLOONS & BBQ
Join us this year for Bulls, Balloons & BBQ featuring LJ Jenkins and his "Ride for the ATV Tour." This is the finale of a 5 series event with 30 bull riders performing and the top 10 coming back for a final round. After the bull riding is a concert with Western Justice. Admission tickets are $10 each, all ages. Anyone attending the bull riding event and coming prior to 6:30pm on Saturday will also be required to purchase a gate admission armband.
As with any large event, it takes a number of people to help make it successful. If you are interested in volunteering at the 2015 Poteau Balloon Fest, please contact the Chamber at 918-647-9178.
The volunteer training is SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2015, 6PM, LEFLORE COUNTY FAIR GROUNDS, AES BUILDING!
Free parking will be available at the CASC parking lot and the Industrial Park parking lot. FREE shuttle buses will be available to and from the Fair Grounds to the CASC parking lots and the Industrial Park parking lots.
All parking on the Main grounds will be PAID parking at $5 per car. Please note, that if you leave and then return, you will have to pay again to re-enter the grounds.
ALL EVENTS ARE WEATHER PERMITTING AND ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
Vendor Forms for the 2015 Balloon Fest will be available soon. Please continue to check back.
It's never too early to make your hotel reservations! Check out one of several great choices in our Directory under Lodging!
If you prefer RV or Campsites, click here.
To hold such a large event successfully, takes the work and involvement of many within our community. We would like to thank our many sponsors for their support and sponsorship.