Named #3 in the Top 40 Things to do in Oklahoma in 2014 by Okiecentric Magazine.
Call 918-647-9178 to order the gate armbands for $3 in advance! They will be $5 at the Gate!
Please note that all balloon events are wind and weather permitting!!! Any and all balloon flights are most likely to occur between the hours of 7am - 10am and 4pm -7pm. However, they are not guaranteed during these times. The atmospheric pressure plays a huge factor in balloon activities! WE CANNOT GUARANTEE BALLOON ACTIVITES and we CANNOT give specific times on Balloon activities! If balloons are not able to fly, pilots will be available to answer questions about hot air balloons. They will be monitoring the weather and announcing flight times through out the day.
Follow us on Twitter @OKBalloonfest
We would like to thank you for your interest in the 2014 Poteau Balloon Fest. In February 2011, the Poteau Chamber took over promotion and production of the Annual Balloon Fest. With less than one year to prepare, the Poteau Balloon Fest Council made the decision to change the venue of the event. It was a huge success.
DATE, TIME & VENUE
The dates for the 2014 Poteau Balloon Fest are October 17th & 18th. Friday, the 17th, the gates will open at 12:00pm to the public and will close at 11:00 pm. Saturday morning, the 18th, they will open at 9:00 am and close at 11:00pm.
The Poteau Balloon Fest will be held on the LeFlore County Fair Grounds on Highway 271 South.
View The Poteau Balloon Fest in a larger map
Click here to download the festival and grounds map.
- Advance Armbands are $3 each
- Advance armbands will be sold until October 18th at 3:00pm. Chamber offices will close at 3:00pm on October 17th.
- Advance armbands will be available for purchase at the Poteau Chamber of Commerce in person or by calling 918-647-9178.
- At the gates, armband admission prices will be $5 per person (4 and under free.)
- Children 4 and under are free.
- Balloon Fest Gate Admission is good for both Friday & Saturday
Once an event schedule is available, it will be posted.
All of the following shows and attractions are included with gate admission. If available, you may click on the attraction name for more information about that attraction.
BMX Freestyle Team
Derek Cook FMX
Indian Territory Pistoliers
Little Miss & Mr. Balloon Fest
Magician Jonathan Meyer
Muts Gone Nuts
Rumble on the River Mud Race
Mud Tug of War
The following rides and attractions will require additional costs and are NOT included with gate admission:
- Helicopter Rides - Schedule & Pricing will be announced at a later date
- Mean Machine Monster Truck Rides - Schedule & Pricing will be announced at a later date
- Tethered Balloon Rides - $10 per person - *Weight, Height & Age Restrictions May apply. Also are wind and weather permitting (please note balloon information above). Schedule will be released at a later date
- Zipline Rides - Open Friday & Saturday During Festival Hours - $10 per person, if you keep the harness on you can go again for $5. Weight limit 40lbs to 250lbs - www.extremefunspot.com
- Ride of a Lifetime - Mechanical Bull - weight limit 300lbs
- Carnival Rides - The Carnival will be offering a $20 armband on Friday night, October 18 from 7pm - 11pm. We do NOT SET the pricing for carnival rides and have no control over what they charge. At this time we do not have any information on the costs of the tickets.
As with any large event, it takes a number of people to help make it successful. If you are interested in volunteering at the 2014 Poteau Balloon Fest, please contact the Chamber at 918-647-9178. Details will be posted at a later date on how to sign up online using the VolunteerLocal site.
Free parking will be available at the CASC parking lot and the Industrial Park parking lot. FREE shuttle buses will be available to and from the Fair Grounds to the CASC parking lots and the Industrial Park parking lots.
All parking on the Main grounds will be PAID parking at $5 per car. Please note, that if you leave and then return, you will have to pay again to re-enter the grounds.
The 5K Walk/Run at the Poteau Balloon Fest will return in 2013. Registration is $20 BEFORE October 5th and $25.00 AFTER October 5th. YOU MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED TO BE GUARANTEED A SHIRT. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS!!! Registration fee includes (1) Balloon Fest Armband and (1) 5K T-Shirt. Entry forms will be posted at a later date.
BIKES, BALLOONS & BBQ
We will once again be holding the Bikes, Balloons & BBQ competition to enter the competition, please visit http://www.smokinintheozarks.com.
Bikes, Balloons & BBQ armbands will once again be available for purchase. This year they will be limited to 450 tickets each day. The bar-b-q tasting will include a sit down dinner and armbands will be sold for $7 each and include the following:
**Chicken & Pulled Pork will be prepared by the Pit Masters***
Friday: Chicken Thigh & Leg Quarter, Potato Salad & Corn on the Cob.
Saturday: Pulled Pork, Beans, Potato Salad.
Drinks are NOT included. Pepsi products will be available for purchase, as well as beer. Alcohol products cannot be taken outside of the rodeo grounds.
BBQ Awards Saturday 3:30pm - Public is welcome to set in on the Awards Ceremony to see who will be the Oklahoma State Champion
2ND ANNUAL POKER RUN & POTEAU BALLOON FEST BIKE SHOW
Information regarding the bike show & poker run will be posted at a later date. Please check back again.
ALL EVENTS ARE WEATHER PERMITTING AND ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
Thank you for your interest in the 2014 Poteau Balloon Fest as a vendor. Once the 2014 Vendor forms are available they will be posted. Please continue to check back.
It's never too early to make your hotel reservations! Check out one of several great choices in our Directory under Lodging!
If you prefer RV or Campsites, click here.
To hold such a large event successfully, takes the work and involvement of many within our community. We would like to thank our many sponsors for their support and sponsorship.